• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Cimzia with side effects

Just had my 2nd loading dose 4 days ago. Felt nausea, joint aches, and fatigue then went into a day long migraine, chills, increased body aches, sweating. Had only minor body aches and fatigue after first dose so was not prepared for this intensity of side effects. Have another dose in 2 weeks and afraid that if the side effects are worse after each one that the next one will be brutal.

Just had my 2nd loading dose 4 days ago. Felt nausea, joint aches, and fatigue then went into a day long migraine, chills, increased body aches, sweating. Had only minor body aches and fatigue after first dose so was not prepared for this intensity of side effects. Have another dose in 2 weeks and afraid that if the side effects are worse after each one that the next one will be brutal.
Gigetern, How is it going on the Cimzia? I started around the same time you did. i have finished the three loading doses and had one maintenance dose. I'm doing 200 mg every two weeks to see how it goes. I've been having a lot of migraines and feeling quite fatigued. i had a stomach flu a few weeks ago and my energy never really came back to what it was before the flu so i'm wondering if the Cimzia is doing it.

I'm due for the next maintenance dose tomorrow.

Just wondering how you are doing on it.
Jonique!