11-16-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
erinjayee
 
erinjayee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Victoria, Australia

My Support Groups:
TTC with active perianal fistula

Hi everyone.

I have recently developed a burning desire to start a family. I have talked to my partner and we agree its time. I have stopped taking the pill this week.

My concern is that I have an active fistula - with seton in place. And I will be expecting to have further surgery in coming months.

Is it a bad idea for us to start TTC?? Im worried its the wrong time in terms of my health. But I also cant get the thought of having a baby out of my head!

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.
11-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
InkyStinky
Senior Member
 
InkyStinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA

My Support Groups:
Hi!

I'm mostly bumping this up so it doesn't get too far down the list for you!

I haven't had a fistula - is the next surgery you'll need already on a pretty definite schedule? If you got pregnant quickly, would delaying the surgery until after baby is born be a problem?

How is your IBD other than the fistula? Do you have a lot of inflammation going on? Do you know if you have any vitamin deficiencies?

How is your GI? Have you had a chat with him/her about your current situation?

Babies are wonderful - Hoping someone else can give you more concrete advice!
__________________
Sabrina
IBD diagnosed 1990 @ 8yrs old (current dx: Crohn’s); Blood clots 12/2009 (DVT, bilateral PE)
6MP: 50mg/day

Ethel: “So, is everything okey-dokey?” Lucy: “No, it’s inky-stinky” ~ I Love Lucy

-Are you looking for a new treatment option for your Crohn's disease? If so, I suggest you look into the ongoing clinical trial by Qu Biologics for their SSI treatment. Click here for more information or to help spread the word.
11-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
erinjayee
 
erinjayee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Victoria, Australia

My Support Groups:
Hi inkystinky. Thanks for the reply. My surgery isnt locked in...its for an advancement flap repair so i cpuld delay ot and just keep the seton i think. I believe the rest of my gi is ok - no other symptoms at the moment and no deficiencies that im aware of. Hopefully ttc will be ok
11-18-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
my little penguin
Forum Monitor
 
Join Date: Apr 2012

My Support Groups:
Have you spoken to you Gi ?
I would so they can give you a better idea of whether the timing is ok as far as possible complications from crohns
I am sure they have dealt with the topic more than a few times
__________________
DS - -Crohn's -Stelara -mtx
11-18-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
erinjayee
 
erinjayee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Victoria, Australia

My Support Groups:
Thanks mylittle penguin. Im due to see him next week so I will discuss it then
Reply

Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.
Copyright 2006-2017 Crohnsforum.com