• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Edema, Neuropathy anyone?

Has anyone experienced ankle edema? I have never had it in my life now shortly after my 3rd infusion my socks are leaving deep marks on my skin. I also have neuropathy in my right foot - started after 2nd infusion. B-12 low normal so tried shots and it helped a little but over a month after sky high B-12 levels attained I still have some numbness. GI doc also thinks I'm crazy and that it isn't related but I lived 48 years without any of this and it suddenly starts when I begin Remicade. All lab work looks perfect - nothing points to anything wrong with me on CBC, Metabolic Panel and Amylase/Lipase.

This is slightly different but may fall into the same category. A few years ago, I noticed a rash on my lower leg and it was a little inflamed and red. My GP was sure is was from Crohns. I've had Crohns since I was 6 and this was the first time I'd seen anything like this in almost 40 years. It went away on its own although it took a month or two.