• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does anyone else have a pain in their upper side?

I get an annoying pain in my upper side (under my lungs) when I am in a sitting position, mostly on the right side but sometimes on the left. Sometimes it goes away but seems to be hanging around more steady. Already had my gallbladder out. Feels better when I lie down flat Had a flare about a month ago, when on Cypro for 7 days, helped a bit but now on 30 mg prednisone for 5 days. Any ideas what this pain in the upper side could be?

Sorry to hear about that,I don't know if it's the same thing but a few years I had severe pain from an inflamed pancreas caused by some meds I was taking.

The same thing has happened to me, sometimes on right, sometimes on left. The GI has yet to put a finger on it and figure it out. I too had my gallbladder out last Thanksgiving. Laying down helps me too. When I am sitting or bent over, it seems to aggrivate it more.

Hope you have more success than I have.