• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Never ending good news

I was 34 dx with UC at 37 had total colectomy with j pouch. Have been plagued by issues other than uc pain since. Fibromyalgia,chronic anemia( anaphylactic reaction to iron infusions)chronic back and joint pain. Newly dx with Hashimotoes after 14 years of being told it was just hypothyroidism. The my heartbreaker, they are now telling me I now have Crohns and its severe in and past my pouch and I have several strictures. All the drugs and the scopes and the surgery now this! They want to put me back on an aggressive plan( remicade, I had no response before. It made me sick) to heal the ulcers. I never responded to any drug other than prednisone. In the past three years my life has just gone down hill, I can't work or make thru a day without severe pain and fatigue. It find out that all my battles for the past years are related to my new friend Crohns I'm pissed! I was healed so to speak. I had no new symptoms, I had no idea I was having issues. Since my surgery I have had a very active bathroom life, just not the pain. I'm not giving up my pouch unless it becomes life threatening. Why can't I tell that I have crohns??

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi there and welcome. I am sorry for your troubles. new medication are available for CD in the Biologics category (like Remicade). There is Stelara and HUmira for instance. Since you already failed Remicade in the past, your doctors do not want to propose another one? There is also diet you could try and explore. Look for IBD-AID in my signature if interested, wishing you well.

Trying to find a good chewable mult. Vitamin. Any thoughts? I'm on a special vitamin D therapy for the next 3 months.
Thank you for the reply, going to discuss trying remicade again. Hoping there are newer drugs than what I had to choose from in 2006-2007.

Trying to find a good chewable mult. Vitamin. Any thoughts? I'm on a special vitamin D therapy for the next 3 months.
Thank you for the reply, going to discuss trying remicade again. Hoping there are newer drugs than what I had to choose from in 2006-2007.
I thought the Remicade had failed you but if you do try that route ask them to do a test for antibodies. Best to you.