• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Getting first colonoscopy after 7 years. VERY nervous

afidz

Super Moderator
The last colonoscopy I had went terribly wrong. I have had the same GI for the last 6 years, he is absolutely wonderful. He knows my history and has been very understanding when I tell him I am just not ready for another scope. Especially now, because my hernia is so bad and my organs are so displaced, a scope is going to be very difficult. However, my GI and I both feel, in light of the recent events that it is time for him to do a scope. For all he knows, I don't even have Crohn's. (not really, I have it) He has just been going off of what the previous GI's have written in their reports to treat me. For 6 years.
So, he is going to do one, next Tuesday. He blocked out extra time and is doing it at the hospital instead of the endoscopy center where he normally does them, just in case something does go wrong.
I trust him, I am just SO nervous. The last colonoscopy literally destroyed my life. I will never lead a normal life or bare my own children because of it. I just can't go through any more pain or heartache, I have already been through more than I can handle.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Good luck with the scope! I know it's beyond scary because of the perforation that happened the last time with your other GI but this one is well aware of your condition and I'm sure that if he doesn't feel that he can continue then he'll stop there. Let me know how it goes and if you aren't feeling up to posting after your procedure then I can post an update for you if you want. We're all rooting for you! :ghug:

Hope it goes well for you. I know what it's like to be terrified of colonoscopy, and that's without the horrendous problems you have had. It's good that you trust your GI, that's so important. All the best.

afidz

Super Moderator
Good timing I suppose. There is a rather large abscess on my butt cheek that seems to be getting bigger. Glad I'm seeing my GI. I have never had a fistula, hoping I don't now. Also hoping that there is no disease progression but with the way things have been going, I'm not keeping my hopes up

afidz

Super Moderator
prep is going well, except I am starving. I am using moviprep. WAY better than Golytely

afidz

Super Moderator
Hey everyone sorry for the late update. Spent most of the day sleeping. Everything went well. In looking at the reports of my last GI's scope and what my current GI said, there is no new disease progression. I have it in my transverse and ascending colon. There was internal hemmerroids in my rectum that I had no idea about. I had several ulcers that seemed pretty small to me. Overall everything went well, my GI was able to easily navigate through my colon despite the hernia. I think g he told Andrew there was one part where they had to move my abdomen in a weird way to move the scope but it went well. He said to make an appointment in 3 weeks but I'm going to make it sooner because I'm off meds and not going to last that long without losing my lung capacity. Thanks everyone for thinking of me today. Very pleased with the outcome