• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bad Breath!

Wondered if anyone here gets breath that occaisionally stinks and tastes like poop? Not that I've ever tasted poop but you know what I mean. (i hope)

This is new to me and it's deeesgusting!!! Just the past two days I've had it along with the incredible pain under my ribs and the nauseau. I was already tested for H. Pylori and told I don't have it so what on earth could cause this? I brush my teeth twice/day and floss every night, though I have to admit I do it quickly since any and all toothpaste kills my mouth since I have sores in them.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Yeah I get mouth sores too, almost all the time, but usually from Antibiotics. I find if you are flaring and have pain your intestines can back up and cause you to have a bile acid build up and feces if you are blocking. When I have a blockage that is what you puke up, because it has no where to go. Having a sour stomach or ulcers can cause bad breath. Ask your doctor for reasons of your condition, could be something not seen or blood work not showing. I gargle brush my teeth and my mouth tastes horrible too and could be from yeast.

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Do you still have your tonsils? They could be tonsiliths. I used to get them - they really do stink. I had my tonsils removed and it went away - sleep apnea surgery.