• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Jackie

jackie

diagnosed july 09 ulcerative colitis
It is Oct. 27 and I am bleeding heavy again. What happened, why, what am I doing wrong???? I take Calcium, multi vit., Iron 27mg 3x a day to make up for blood loss
(I was border line for a pint of blood and the blood pressure kept dropping and I was dizzyish sometimes, but I had them increase the IV fluids to increase my volume instead and that helped the pressure) potassium gluconate 550mg 1/2 pill 1-2x per day because when I came out of the hospital I was having some god awful cramps in legs, feet, hands, etc., B12 one day and B stress the other day because of the cravings I had for meat, and Flaxseed capsules for omega 3. Am I bound by the same rules as crohn's suffers? Is caffiene and chocolate bad for you? I read some of the diet threads and did not see it mentioned, what about de-caf?

farm

Captain Insaneo
I have crohns and have no problems with caffeine or choc.
You should prob. get an appointment with your GI and ask for a recommended diet for you!

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a rule book for these diseases? Unfortunately, we all must find our own food path. Over time you will realize what bothers you, but it might take you a looong time to admit to some of it. Dairy and beef are killers for me. Good luck and welcome!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Sorry your having such a hard time....We all wish there could be a 'one size fits all' approach to these diseases. You probably are doing nothing wrong, you just need to make adjustments to your meds and diet until you find something that works. Make sure you speak to your doctor, you may need some different meds. I personally don't have a problem with chocolate or caffiene...Good luck..Let us know how you do.

jackie

hi thanks for the replies. CAFFEINE AND CHOCOLATE ARE BACK YES!!! Although I did find a reasonable substitute -- SUGAR COOKIES, OATMEAL, PEANUT BUTTER THE store cooking isle has all these flavors just add the egg and water or oil and I have "homemade" cookies. Some of the literature I have read online says you lose wt. not me. I like to cook - I like my cooking - I have not lost a thing oh well some things can be adjusted to be lower calories so I have a "gift card" for sugar cookie calories.
I went to a doctor yesterday and she prescribed sulfasalacin and see her next tues. so I'll see if this slows things down, she did a h&h and the norm is 12-15 and I came in at 13.4 or 5 so I wasn't as bled down as I thought, nothing some iron pills won't help.
thanks again for the responses and I check in on the thread again tomorrow to see what ya'all are chatting about.:hallo1: