• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly Diagnosed

Hello!
My name is Danielle and my biopsies confirmed Crohn's disease on Friday. I am 24 years old and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around it. My mom and sister had Colitis, so I was surprised to hear that it was Crohn's.
I went into the hospital on the 28th because I was bleeding. I had a colonoscopy done and now I am here. I am happy to be home though.
I'm struggling a lot with joint pain and restlessness with the prednisone. I'm also having a hard time getting back into the swing of my routine, getting ready in the morning takes much energy.
It's very hard when people ask me if I'm feeling better yet, because I am but it's a whole different thing I'm feeling. I'll have a good morning, but then a terrible evening, however these good mornings ar a big accomplishment in my book.
Well I joined in hopes of some support and advice, I'm getting married in October 2017, so plenty of time to get healthier and get a better handle on things. I hope to be a support to you all one day too!

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.
Sorry you've joined the club.
Give yourself time to adjust to your diagnosis. It takes time but you WILL get there.

Sending you my support.

fuzzy butterfly

Welcome Danielle. Hope you find the right meds to keep you well. Congrats on you wedding next year hun 👰 . Ask anything you want we are here to help n support each other thro the good n the bad of this disease, and ours lives in general. Best wishes 💕💕

Welcome! Predinose can have a lot of side effects, but it wonderful for reducing the pain and inflammation of Crohn's in many cases. You will most likely need to switch to another type of medicine at some people because prednisone isn't meant to be a long-term drug. Best of luck.