• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

All started in 1993

Will keep it brief as I'm sure you all know about the abdominal distension the first investigation shortly after the collapse in 93 was a sigmoid scope which hit a blockage that's when the investigating gastro decided there and then that i had irritable bowel syndrome had a lot of different medication but unfortunately nothing has ever really elevated the distension/bloating at all is it possible to have a blockage for the amount of time i have had the problems with the distension?

Do think i need more investigation wise had endo and gastroscopes the sigmoid colon ct but not much else some other diagnoses were duodenum scarring h pylori and diverticular disease

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I too think it best to contact your doctor. Being 20 years, they may ask for a colonoscopy. But, if you have gotten blockage or scarring, I would think they would want to at least take a look at you. Please keep us updated.

Fobbed off or at least that's how it felt gp doesn't want to refer me to a gastro keep hearing the term functional bloating what ever that means best she's come up with is to book me in for an appointment with a gp at the same practice will go to the appointment but most likely register at a new gp after that

Gonna register at another surgery not so far from here do have an appointment at my current gp at end of the week but my gp point blank refuses to refer me to a gi doubt very much any of the doc's where I'm at now will

My current gp won't refer me to a gi or send me to a different surgery for a 2nd opinion best she's come up with is to book me an appointment with a different gp within the same surgery