• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tests for progress?

Are there any kind of blood/stool tests that give an estimate about the disease activity while being on meds?

I'm starting to doubt that my meds are doing anything, since the symptoms are as severe as always, and I have been wondering if I can do some weekly test or something to monitor the progress if there is any.

I'm on Pentasa, Imuran, Solupred (Prednisone) that's for Crohn's, others are just symptomatic treatment for GERD.

I have been on Crohn's meds for around 50 days now, and nothing changed at all.

Catherine

Were any your blood test abnormal? Eg Amenia. Imuran takes least 3 months of work.

If say you had anemia, an improvement would should the med are working.

Catherine

Also are you having regular blood tests? Imuran blood tests, usually start at weekly, then move to every two weeks. Over a period of they move out to every 3 months. They should never get any longer between blood tests than every 3 months.

Also are you having regular blood tests? Imuran blood tests, usually start at weekly, then move to every two weeks. Over a period of they move out to every 3 months. They should never get any longer between blood tests than every 3 months.
Yeah, aside from the CBC I don't do any other tests. And I don't have anemia, nope.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi zHassanz i know there is a stool test called a feacal calprotectin test that is very good at detecting inflamation. I think it works whilst on meds. You could google and check . Best wishes 💕

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm seeing my doctor in 2 days, and I'll ask him about the calprotectin test.

I have done that one week before I was diagnosed with Crohn's and it was pretty high back then. I really hope that it will have lessened a bit.