• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Triple digit weight!

E hit 100 pounds last night, for the first time ever! She was 5'1" and 75 pounds at diagnosis a year ago and 69 pounds a month later when nothing was working for her yet. EEN got her up to 90 pounds last spring, and supplemental EN up to 95 over the summer.

She called the whole family upstairs to see the scale reading. :)

Wonderful!! She has worked very hard to get there. So glad.

I'll celebrate with her by having something calorie rich!! 😀

Maya142

Staff member
Way to go E!!

My daughter insisted on a cake when she reached weight milestones - so one when she reached 90 lbs and another when she reached 100 lbs. Might be an idea for E ;).

crohnsinct

That's awesome! How tall is she now?

I remember when O hit 100. We celebrated also. But then she dipped down a bit and back up...needless to say...lots of cake around here!

She's 5'3" now, so she gained 2 inches this year (and she's 13.5 years old, ronroush). She was above 95th percentile for height until around 8 years old, when Crohn's symptoms started, so I think she's still got some height to gain. She also doesn't have many signs of puberty yet either. It seems like her body was really just focused on healing and gaining weight this year.

crohnsinct

That's so awesome! Grow, grow, grow! Gain, gain, gain!

T was also always ginormous for her age until a few years ago, Sadly, we didn't identify her IBD early enough to capitalize on growth potential as she had precoscious puberty and the window was closed for us. But she is 5'4" so pretty average. Her sisters are 5' 7".

CarolinAlaska

Holding It Together
That's great. Jae took over 2 years to hit that benchmark, but she grew from 5'1 to 5'8 in 3 years. I thought we'd never do it. Even last fall we were at 96-98 lbs. Finally on prednisone from late November-early January she jumped up to 116 lbs and is still holding onto it! I definitely appreciate the post and am rejoicing with you.