• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Feel like I might lose it today..

I am kind of getting to that point of having a mental breakdown today lol. Maybe not really but I'm so tired of this..

So I've been sick since June of last year, had cdiff all that.. Took until October to get a fecal transplant. Felt good until around thanksgiving then just slowly started feeling crummy. Finally two weeks ago I end up in the ER in my small town, they give fluids and steroids. Next day I end up in the ER in the bigger hospital, by direction of my GI.. I have a microperforation and a fistula, but the ER didn't tell me that.. All they said was that I had exacerbation of Crohns with other manifestations.. Didn't really explain it. So I had my Family Dr print my CT report out (I'm an xray tech so it's all my lingo) I find the perf and fistula and call my GI. He puts me on Flagyl and Cipro, I'm still on a 20mg dose of prednisone for a few days. Anyway a week passes and I'm exhausted, like to the point I can't function, plus I'm having dizziness pretty badly. So I see my Family Dr. He puts me on a higher tapering dose of Prednisone(and i'm still on flagyl and cipro) I had my Cimzia injection that night as well..

So I'm finally able to function and have been at work, I'm still shaky and get stomach cramps occasionally but it's manageable..

Well now I have thrush.. My mouth started feeling weird at lunch time and I open my mouth and have THRUSH! seriously. like lets just add a yeast infection on top of all this other stuff. On top of this my back side is in revolt from all the diarrhea from the flagyl and cipro.. Like my butt pain was probably at a 7 after pooping early today lol. I just want to roll over and crawl in my blankets today.. Is that too much to ask? However, I don't have much time built up at work from being sick for so long, so I'm trying to stick it out in case I need surgery soon. So I'm trying to put on a tough face.. It's hard.. Bc I'm sick of all this little stuff happening. It's so frustrating. It really is demoralizing. I mean I have to have cream everywhere. lol. EVERYWHERE....

Anyway, thanks for listening. It's nice to vent once in awhile to someone other than my husband.

sorry to hear about your frustration. one reason why your symptoms may have become more severe is because of you living so far north of the equator and the lowering levels of vitamin d from longer winters. at least 1000iu is recommended and 2000iu is probably needed in some people, getting a blood test is the best way to know where your levels are at but its not necessary all the time to get tested.

Oh wow, that is a lot to deal with! Thankfully, we welcome the frustrated venting:) I hope your road to healing starts soon. Best wishes and be well!

Bufford

Flagyl and Cipro were brutal on me. I cannot tolerate Cipro after developing a reaction to it. Cipro exasperated thrush and it covered my tung and mouth like mushrooms. I had to scrape the stuff of just to be able to swallow.

Flagyl and Cipro were brutal on me. I cannot tolerate Cipro after developing a reaction to it. Cipro exasperated thrush and it covered my tung and mouth like mushrooms. I had to scrape the stuff of just to be able to swallow.
Flagyl caused numbness in my hands.

I saw my GI today and they gave me a good pep talk. Sounds like if things don't turn around for me I'll be heading to mayo for some more help. So I just need to get thru this and I'll either be better or if I get worse I'll go see someone even more specialized.. The thrush is a bit better today. Thankfully I caught it early so it's not super painful

I saw my GI today and they gave me a good pep talk. Sounds like if things don't turn around for me I'll be heading to mayo for some more help. So I just need to get thru this and I'll either be better or if I get worse I'll go see someone even more specialized.. The thrush is a bit better today. Thankfully I caught it early so it's not super painful
My GI considered sending me to Mayo.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi jaimem glad the thrush is improving hun. Pep talk or no.. if you dont feel right or are in pain get back on to them . I figure going to the Mayo is no bad thing and could maybe help get you on track. Im from the Uk but from what iv read the Mayo clinics/hospitals are excellent. Best wishes n hope you get well soon hun 💕💋

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling better today. Kinda had a hard day. The dr had said if things didn't improve they would probably have to put me on dual meds which means more money and they are all meds they wouldn't want me to get pregnant on. So I'm praying that won't be the case. I'm very blessed to have me little boy now but it's hard to think that my choice of having another could be taken away. Hopefully mayo would not second that opinion. But it is what it is. My husband has been amazing through all of this. I've been sick so much this year and he's been a trooper. Thanks for the kind words. I've been so healthy for the 8 years I've had crohns so this is my first bad bout with it. So it's kinda like being diagnosed all over again..

I'm sorry to hear you are having a rough time Jaime. I just had a second opinion appointment at Mayo yesterday. The doctor was very thorough and was great about answering my questions. He even said he could push to get me in to see a colorectal surgeon for a consult the next day if I wanted more detailed questions answered. If I had a complex surgery or problems getting a diagnosis I would go there. Unfortunately I live in St. Louis so it's a bit of a haul and I have some good doctors in town.

Thanks Eridon. I'm only a 10 hr drive from mayo so it's not too bad. Surgery hasn't ever been brought up for me. Which is kind of surprising but I guess better not to take it out until it has to. I know I have a lot of options left thankfully.

Sorry to hear you're having all these issues. I've always heard great things about Mayo. Hope it all gets turned around soon for you.