• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Abscess on Liver

Renee developed an abscess on her liver and had to have 15cc of pus drained. Spent 3 days in the hospital on morphine and antibiotics. Doctors decided to discontinue all meds except for Remicade and antibiotics believing that 100mg of 6MP over suppressed her immune system. Think I will discuss trying anti-MAP therapy on our follow-up with the doctor.

Does anyone have any experience / advice for Liver Abscesses?

No experience with a liver fistula, mine were perianal. However, I do wish you all thre best of luck. Please keep us informed

Not an abscess, but just had a PVT they think was brought on by a new Crohn's flare. IV antibiotics for 10 days and anticoagulants to prevent further clotting.
How's she doing now?

I have no info on liver abscesses, sorry. I find it interesting and reassuring that they didn't hold the remicade because of the infection. My boy had his infusion the same day we found out he has abscesses and we were worried it lowering his ability to fight, but it didn't and it has helped.

Renee had the small abscess on her liver drained with a needle. The doctor put her on 2 weeks of 875-Augmentin. Third infusion of Remicade on Feb 29. She is feeling well right now. Some diarrhea from the antibiotic. She has a follow-up cat-scan to re-recheck the liver.

Thanks for everyones support.