• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Heyyy

Heya, just wanted to get the ball rolling with posting lol

Never thought about joining something like this till recently.
Reading all of your posts have helped, it's strange throughout 7 years of having crohn's I've never once met someone else who has it, so it's a real comfort to know I'm not alone, and reading all of your stories and questions has helped.
Just feel sometimes parents and sisters as amazing as they are just don't understand how I feel, and i feel like I'm just boring my friends when they ask how I'm doing and I'm like 'well I'm ill ill and more ill' and I'm always pulling out of going places.

Things got real bad for me in Jan 2009 and have been since, docs can't seem to find something to keep me well, on the positive side i was able to get through college and secondary school without too much trouble well not enough to disrupt my education.
However I lasted a grand total of 4 days in uni before they wanted to chuck me into hospital so i dropped out and have been housebound since and its driving me craaaazzzzyy! It's all getting on top of me now and my life is no where near what it used to be when i was in remission...sucks

But anyway trying to look on the bright side and hoping i start feeling better anyday soon!

farm

Captain Insaneo
Welcome. I think most of us have found that if you don't have Crohns or the likes, then you have no idea. That, of course, doesn't stop people from commenting on the subject.
I'm glad you found us. There are a lot of people here to offer you support as they have done for me. I consider many of them family now.

What meds are you on? Do you have Crohns?
Being housebound is def. no fun; so now that you've found us you will at least have some entertainment and reading to do!

:welcome:

Being housebound must be crap, I go stir-crazy if I cant at least get out and go for a walk.

Welcome to the madhouse... I mean best place on t'internet! :)

Yeah I've had crohn's for 7 years, on methotrexate atm but as I've already been on it for 4 years they were reluctant to re-start but have no other option right now.

Haha yeah it's made me giggle how open people are about it cus I just haven't ever been able to do that lmao

Have realised though how lucky I am with living in the UK and not have to worry in the slightest about paying for anything, I was really amazed at the trouble some people on here have had with insurance etc.
Kinda sucks cus I've always liked to think I'd move to america or australia... warmer climate lol but with my illness I dunno if it would be such a great idea, have you had much trouble with insurance?

:welcome: Claire. I know it's definitely not fun to have this disease or be housebound, but you seem to have a great outlook on things. Keep up your positive attitude. Enjoy yourself here, it's a good place to be.

Yay! someone else on the Meth! How are you doing with it... Are you on tabs or injections? it makes me horrible the next day, like a zombie! I've been wondering if the injections have less side effects.

farm

Captain Insaneo
I haven't had any problems with my insurance but boy some have had a very rough time!!

We're all pretty open about it, graphic at times. I'm the worlds worst for being blatant about it, but that's just me! LOL

When I first started methotrexate back in 2005 I was on injections for 16 weeks then went onto tabs, not because of any problems though just my consultants choice, and i'm on tablets now, na I never really suffered from any side affects back when I first started them and don't think I do now.
Otherwise worked really well for me but because of liver damage worries they were stopped aug 2008 so till christmas I was on nothing but living life normally... ah the good times :) lol
One thing I do remember though was that they did give me worse stomach cramps that's why I was keen to get off them in aug 08.
I come off my steroids in 3 weeks so hopefully the meth will have kicked in nicely and things will be on the up... and my face will lose the hamster cheeks! lol

And na I do think it's awesome that everyone's open about it, I sometimes wonder if I'm too graphic to my parents lol but then I figure oh well!

Ah cool you do not have any trouble with the mtx. Just an hour after taking it I start to feel it kicking in - like now - it being monday = methotrexate evening. Everything feels like there's a level or two of indirection between my eyes, brain and reactions. Very wierd feeling. It is getting less as the weeks go by so I must be getting used to it, or something! Now on 20mg/week.

There is much 'oversharing' here :) and that's exactly what it's for!

Good luck with coming off the steroids!

What part of the UK you from?

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi Claire - good to have you here.
I like the way you've listed your failed meds in your sig. I think a lot of us have a list like that. Hopefully the metho will kick in fully and keep your symptoms away. Feel better soon!
MBH