• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

EIM pre-reversal surgery a harbinger?

I'm a bit worried since I've had an increase in EIM's the past week. I had my resection feb 16th and have yet to have the reversal but have noticed the following in the past week: arthritis is first joint of finger(but went away after a couple days) perneosis(chillblains an autoimmune thing when hands get cold-yet it really hasn't been cold where I'm at) an increase in mucus from rectum(4x a day when it has been only 1 every few days-note it was part of descending colon removed and I still have temporary ileostomy. I've also notice an increase in pimples? This is weird because I usually don't get zits and it never is an EIM for me. The only thing I can think of is since my colon is being unused the normal microbes in there aren't getting nutrients-could be a shift in bacterial population. I have seen studies where the microbiome can affect acne. So I'm worried that when they hook everything back up I'll have a flare. Not sure if waiting to do reversal would help ease Crohn's symptoms or whether that matters? If anyone has experience with something similar they could share is be grateful. I still feel good, no pain or tiredness.

Thanks for the info, I looked through it and it's definitely not sweets syndrome. It's just a few white heads that have cropped up on my nose/forehead. The bowel bypass looks like it happens 1+years after having an ileostomy(I'm on week 6). I'm wondering if the progesterone pills(I'm on hormone replacement therapy) i'm taking has me in a flare but I don't feel the colon pain since I have the ileostomy. The EIM's began when I started taking the pills and I know that I always would feel worse when "Aunt Flow" visited.