• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

White spots on terminal ileum? could this be crohns

I attached a photo from my colonsocopy today.They did a biopsy but i have to wait 3 weeks for my follow up to get results and I am having serouis anxiety over the white spots on my ilem.Has anyone else had these show up before?any clue what it is? I am 29yrs old and have family history of colon cancer.any advice on what the spots are would be great!

Attachments

Likely aphthae. You'll really want to wait for your pathology report for more comprehensive assessment.

Thanks so much for replying to my post. I googled aphthae and am getting mostly info on blisters and sores.In short is the definetion of aphthae in colon a big problem to worry about?

Gianni

Yeah likely aphthae or the beginning of a polyp. The rest of your gut looks healthy so I'm not inclined to suspect Crohn's. It's best to just wait for the results, try not to worry too much about it in the mean time.

Scipio

Aphthous lesions are the same thing as the "canker sores" you get in your mouth. They do sometimes occur in the gut in Crohn's. They are considered to be the mildest form of IBD ulcers. Your doc can tell you more when you get the pathology report back.

Thanks for the replys.I am a bit less worried now as I thought they were something more serouis or the starting growth of cancer. I have a chronic pain in my abdomen for years I wonder if this is the cause of that? I was also diagnoised with mild divertculouis in the colonoscopy so maybe these are a side effect to that?
I am glad I found this forum and when i do get the results from my doctor in a few weeks I will update this thread to confirm the diagnosis incase anyone has a similar problem and stumbles upon this thread! Untill then I am crossing my fingers I dont have Crohn's.