• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not letting the flare up beat us up!

Hey fellow crohnies!

So, about half a year ago I had a huge flare up. My first one that severe, after being diagnosed 2 years ago. During that flare up I lost about 28 pounds in a short period of time. Now you have to know that I always have been a skinny guy, weighing in at about 143 lbs and being 6'1. I weighed less than 113 lbs when the disease was at its worst and they had to feed me extra calories through a tube.

Luckily, I did recover pretty well! I currently weigh 132 lbs and I'm back in the mood for working out. I'm feeling healthy and have a great appetite. I've been running every day for about a week. No doubt, I'll gain my weight back (and hopefully more!)

Now, me and a good friend of mine (who has a bad case of asthma), were talking about sports and we got this crazy idea... To train ourselves to get ready for boxing! We felt like we didn't want our condition to limit us to what we can and cannot do and wanted to challenge it to our best potential.

Does anyone have experience with IBD and boxing? Also, we talked about making a youtube channel to really track and document the progress we're making and with it maybe, just maybe, motivate others to also point the middle finger at their condition. We even went ahead and both posted a video! Would this be something you'd be interested in watching and if so, are we allowed to post links here?

Thanks for reading! :)

I don't have any experience but there is a section called Diet Fitness and Supplements that you may want to check out.

Thank you ronroush7 :D I posted there just now.
I'm kind of glad that I found this forum, it seems like a great place to talk about things like this, together with the reddit for crohn's.