• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sufferrer

I got diagonised with crohns on 2011, i have been on azoran till 2015 Dec.with smaller flareups..suddenly my wbc count decreased and i had 12 days admitted at hospital. Dr stopped my azoran and i was on pentasa ..Dr slowly started azoran again with 25mg and gradually increased it to 50 mg..i was ok with azoran for past 5yrs..now iam hospitalized and my count again decreased Dr again stopped azoran. he told me about ADALIMUMAB which can bring large difference it consist of 28 doses for 1yr. He promised me that it shows better result..the cost for adalimumab will be 2.5 lakhs at hospital. he told out side the cost for medicine will be 10 lakhs. me and my family totally heartbreaken what to do ....iam posting this from hospital...the doctors are very helpful.
sorry for my english. thanku for understanding my pathetic condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how to send the link but there is a group in here called General IBD discussion. Underneath that is a sub group called Crohn's Indian Support Group. Along with this group, you might try there also. Best to you.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Biologics are very expensive here too. Do you have any insurance? I've been on azoran for several years. My wbc is always down, it has been as low as 2.9. I'm on the lowest dose possible, and my wbc still stays down. My doctor is ok with it, I just get it tested every three months. I'm also on Remicade with it. Adalimumab is a drug that you need to stay on, it's not for just one year, people generally stay on it for as long as it's effective. Hopefully your countrymen will be able to give you better advice.

scottsma

As Ron says above we have a support group for those from India,and there are quite a few on the forum who will reply to you soon I'm sure.Of course that's not to say you won't get lots of support from the rest of us.We're always interested in others symptoms and treatment,so thankyou for that.I haven't used any of the medication you mentioned in your post,so I can't advise you.I just wanted to welcome you to the Crohns family.We also have a YOUNG ADULTS thread which you might find helpful.Best wishes.