• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello and my history

Hi all. I'm Rob and I'm 51 and was diagnosed waaaaaaay back in 1980. Since that time I've had 6 abdominal surgeries that consisted of:

Resection
Resection
Total colectomy/partial ileostomy
Revision of the stoma
Another revision with adhesion complications that resulted in external fistula on my abdomen

And finally...last year...

Relocation of the stoma due to stricture resulting in....(drumroll)....MORE adhesions along with three minor strictures and one sever stricture and for icing on the cake....a newly formed peristomal hernia at the previous stoma site.

Whew...everyone catch all that?

Long story short...I'm now out of work and waiting to see a judge so I can hopefully collect SSDI. This will be the first time I've not worked due to my illness but the straw has been broken. Time to take life more slowly.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I'll be asking advice elsewhere on the board about my latest dilemma....more surgery or not? Four strictures and a hernia are nothing to mess with but.....history says I'll only develop these issues all over again. :boring:

fuzzy butterfly

Hi Rob and welcome.. well that's a fair old ride you've had mate.
Sorry you have had to deal with all that. Glad you have found us here tho. We are a great help n support to each other thro good and bad times,so feel free to vent, ask questions or celebrate good news.
Best wishes Rob 💕

David

Co-Founder
Hi Rob and welcome to the community. Wow, I'm sorry to hear of your struggles. I can't imagine how hard it has been.

I hope you're able to get on disability! I've got to believe it's there for people like you.

I wish you well!