• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm so scared

Hi,
are 35 years that I have this terrible Crohn's disease, 7 surgeries at 5 years for each one ... the last one year ago I was told that I have left 200 cm of small intestine, the colon nn seems to have problems, I've done colonoscopy and shows a severe illness with ulceration, at this rate I have left little time to live, I'm broken ... every bowel pain I go into depression ... are being treated with Humira to 15 days but nn works ... I tried infliximab and went into shock ..I'm so scared ... there is someone who has suffered so many interventions, what is the future? how many meters of intestine must have to live decently? thanks.

scottsma

Hello and welcome.I can't give you the advice you need,unfortunately.I count myself as one of the lucky ones,having been diagnosed for 10yrs with no "serious" symptoms,so far.
I just wanted to say hello and to tell you that there are many on the forum who have had multiple surgeries,and I'm sure someone will be along soon who can give you support and advice.You are not alone.:ghug:

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi,
I have about about 1.5 m left. I had a 20 year remission from severe fistulizing Crohn's.
Don't give up. Talk to the doctor about the depression.
Sending you my support.