• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Does this sound like a stricture/ blockage issue?

Hi all,
I know there is quite some narrowing where my bowel resection was done (my GI couldn't complete my last colonoscopy because of narrowing- had scan instead).
So, my issue: I have had what I thought was a 'vomiting bug' 4 times in the last 8 months. It starts out with feeling quite full, stomach pain and then vomiting ( I think diarrhoea once, but the other times things were regular). The pain would come in waves, almost like contractions (but higher up) I could feel an intense pain, then it would release and so on. After a good 6-10 hours of this, it would be over. No temperature, I haven't passed on my 'stomach bug' to anyone else, which got me thinking.... Maybe it's crohns related?!i don't normally get stomach bugs THAT often (sure, I do work with small children- but this is ridiculous).
Any ideas?
Thanks for reading :)

I had an obstruction six years ago. My stomach would get full before I had cleaned the plate. An obstruction is possible. Check with your doctor.

It could be a partial obstruction. I had one in Feb of this year where I had waves of cramping pain, nausea, lack of appetite, heartburn and would feel full quickly. It took a week to clear for me but I had bad narrowing. It could be that you are able to clear the partial obstruction quicker. Take a look at what you are eating, is this happening when you eat something higher in fiber? I got the partial obstruction from eating white bean chili(the beans are what did it).