• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Since 2014

Hi there,

I'm very happy of finding this group which make me feel better when i read posts here. It's reduces the distances between patients.:ghug:

My english language is not very good, but I will try to introduce my story. ( with taking help from mr. google translator :yrolleyes: ).

I'm 25 years old. from Lebanon. living in kuwait.

the first diagnosis was in 2014 ( crohn's disease ):

I was suffered from anal fissures in Feb 2014. then I had a surgery to treat it. but until Jun 2014 the wounds wasn't healed. then the doctor asked me to do colonscopy. the results was that i have crohn's disease. then after a courses of steroid doses all my wounds became better. then the doctor put me on Humira until now.

Nowadays:

I have a huge pain when I go to toilet. I went to hospital then I conducted MRI for my anal. the results are:

" Features are suggestive of inter sphincteric grade 1 fistula arising from 1 o clock position on left side of anal canal with surrounding inflammatory changes. And extending inferiomedially between the internal and external sphincters into the subcutaneous tissues of the left buttock. No breach of the external anal sphincter. No abscess seen. "

I don't understand if this one is complicated or normal ?

I'm very afraid from having surgery. not from the surgery itself. but from the side effect especially if the operation affect my ability to control " fecal incontinence". it's rare ? or it's common ?

please advice me , to do the surgery or no.

for future:

I have a heart pain also :( I'm afraid to ask my Girl ( GF ) to marry me because of crohn's and now the fistula. but i'm in love with her. but i don't have the trust to tell her about my disease. and i'm afraid that I will not make a balance between My i'll and my love.

+

I feel that i'm old man not young :(

finally,

I'm very sorry again because of my bad english language.

Welcome. You might need a different biologic other than Humira. The first one I was on controlled my disease at first. As far as your girlfriend, if she loves you, she wll be supportive.