• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A question about Humira

Hi my name s Dawn and I have had Crohn's disease, feels like all my life, but diagnosed 45 years ago. Have used many different treatments and 3 years ago I was put on Humira. Just lately it's been increased to once a week instead of bi monthly, because of continued activity. My question is " has anyone experienced nausea after having treatment increased?" Since I have been on the weekly im feeling nauseous and tired. There are so many side effects I'm feeling a little nervous.

Hi! I started humira biweekly swell and after 4 years it stopped doing it's job so I went to weekly. The first 6 months after starting weekly injections I found myself feeling some side effects, sinus infection, tired and occasional nausea. But after about 6 months or so i found that I felt fine. I also find that after going through a flare, it takes me awhile to get my energy and good feeling back.

Hope this helps.

There is a section called Treatment and under that is a subsection called Humira. You can probably get lots of help there.