• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

im 15 years old with Crohn's disease and need your opinion!

Hi I'm 15 and was diagnosed with crohns back in March 2014. I am currently on methotrexate tablets and various medications didn't agree with me. Before I was diagnosed I played football (or soccer for you Americans) 5 times a week. However since the diagnosis I have not done really any sports due to being extremely exhausted. I have tried going to the gym however can't get into a routine and lost motivation once I got too tired. I really want to do a sport like boxing or mma but I am worried I may be too tired and can't commit to it. I'm also wondering if I can even do a combat sport with Crohn's disease. What are your opinions? Would do a sport benefit me and my health? Thanks

Last edited:
Getting your CD under control and in remission will go a long way to getting you back into competitive sport and putting a stop to the fatigue.

It's important, if you are experiencing excessive fatigue, to have your iron checked. Being low on iron can cause severe fatigue. It may also be a good idea to have your b12 and vitamin D checked.

There are a few threads on here regarding boxing and other contact sports. You can find them by using the search bar at the top and key words like kickboxing, mma as well as others like football, track, soccer etc.