• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

High blood sugar while on Humira????

My doctor just called & said that my blood glucose levels were high @ 175! It was not a fasting test but I have a CMP & CBC done every 3 months due to being on Humira. My blood sugar has never been that high even without fasting. So now we'll do a fasting test & a A1C test too! Has anyone else experienced this as a side effect of Humira? Appreciate any input! Thanks!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I do not see it listed as a possible side effect on any reputable sites. I only saw it mentioned as a possible side effect on one website but I don't know how trustworthy that information is. Are you on any steroids currently as well? Those are known to affect your BG. Sometimes even our diet while trying to control symptoms can also increase your BG like lots of easy to digest foods like toast, crackers etc along with juices that may be high in sugar.

Let us know how your fasting BG looks.