• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fuzzbunny

I have been diagnosed with ibsd for years and never once have had my diarrhea checked or slowed. I had a rt total hip 6 weeks ago that went great but 3 days after surgery I began to have worsening diarrhea and pain in the lower abdomen. I called my doc and I was sent to the er for evaluation and the hospitalist ordered a ct with contrast that showed significant thickening at the terminal ileum and the diagnosis changed from ibsd to crohns. Now my gi doc has me scheduled for a colonoscopy on the 26th of this month and he also ordered a bunch of tests on my stool. I got a letter just yesterday saying it is likely ulcerative colitis. I stayed in hospital 4 days and was getting 4 antibiotics and prednisone. Since then I have got thrush in my mouth and now c-diff and on first flagyl 4 times a day and my diarrhea got so much worse so today I was changel from flagyl to vancomycin 125 four times a day for 14 days with the 54 vancomycin caps costing 1,750.00! I am losing weight, having 12 to 15 bm's a day Waiting my colonoscopy next week. How long can I hold up to this?does it get better? Still i am unsure of my final diagnosis. Anything I should be doing or not doing..

Hi. I am sorry for all you are going through. You might try a food diary to see which foods aggravate your system. You also might try nutrition shakes to help put some of the weight back on. Keep us updated.