• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So sick and tired of being sick and tired

I have had UC for well over 25 years. I had an ileostomy and went into remission for at least 25 years. Then, all of a sudden, I ended up in the hospital for two weeks with CROHN's. I have now battled this sucky disease for almost 3 years. I have missed work, not gotten paid, and nothing gets better. i am so angry and bitter and it just is sucking the joy out of my life. I have no life... Anyone dealing with this knows what I mean. I don't know how to deal with this anymore. I am depressed, frustrated and upset. I am just so tired of dealing with this disease. I pray for remission but it never comes. I am too old to deal with this SH** and I am mad.....

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Maybe it's time to talk to someone about your depression and feelings. If your medications are not working, maybe you need to go on something else. It took me a couple of years before I got stable. It's often hit and miss, what works for me, may not work for you. If food is bothering you, you could try a food diary, or enteral nutrition. Hang in there. :ghug:

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Maybe it's time to talk to someone about your depression and feelings. If your medications are not working, maybe you need to go on something else. It took me a couple of years before I got stable. It's often hit and miss, what works for me, may not work for you. If food is bothering you, you could try a food diary, or enteral nutrition. Hang in there. :ghug:
Agree

Hi Vanessa! I'm sorry! I know how hard is having to deal with this!! I had my diagnosis with 12 years old now I have 28!! I spent almost my entire childhood seeing doctor, long weeks at hospital, most people don't know how this things can affect us!! I'm in remission since 2008, no meds, no doctors, no depression, I truly believe in the miracle in my life! If you want to know I will be happy to tell how it happened in my life! But something that I want to say is, love yourself, everything starts with a healthy mind, pure thoughts, talk with your body, talk with you, remember to you how you deserve be happy and health! I know isn't easy! But we can deal, put your dreams beyond this situation, I learned something really important recently, my body can feel this but in my mind I know what is better! I hope you feel better soon!! And if you want to talk please send me a message and I will feel very happy in talk with you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate. After 14 years of remission from UC I too was diagnosed with Crohn's 2 years ago. I was going to the washroom 30 times per day and none of the drugs were working. Finally I was put on Remicade and I am in full remission. However, now I have drug induced lupus. The decision thus far is to stay on the remicade with hopes that plaquenil will solve the joint issues. I have been taking prednisone in the meantime and now have elevated sugar levels, thrush in my mouth twice, weight gain, weakness and severe fatigue. Since this is not a text book case the doctors really don't have the answers. The prednisone also caused issues with my INR so I had to stop Coumadin and take daily shots of fragmin to avoid clotting and bleeding issues. I do not remember what it is like to wake up and not feel ill. That being said I purpose each day to accomplish something in order to stay positive. Keep your chin up. This too shall pass.