• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My tummy hurts too!

Hi everyone!
My name is Justin and I was diagnosed with Crohns in 2001 when I was 18. Had all sorts of stomach problems growing up, I was incredibly fat (305 by the time I was 16, although I never ate much) and hurt all the time. I didn't have any problems going to the bathroom much, nothing to be alarmed about, but when I was nearing my 17th birthday, all of the sudden, it was vomiting everyday and no more normal poo poo's. I drastically dropped weight within the year and got down to 135 from 305. went to a cane, then a wheel chair then was bed written until I tried to get up one day, fell and went into a coma for 2 weeks. Woke up in a hospital where I was correctly diagnosed with Crohns during my 2 week slumber (I was previously diagnosed with Lymphoma and was on treatments for that, which did not aide my health what-so-ever). Got on the right meds, started Remicade infusions, blah blah, and had 2 bowel resections, half my colon removed, gallbladder removes, and a handful of other small surgeries. Now I weigh 150, jobless for a year this December 22nd and no insurance meaning no meds. I'm nearing a visit to the e.r. which I know will end in a hospitalization as I am flaring like Jennifer Aniston in Office Space.
Other than that, I look forward to talking to all of you and assisting in anyway possible if I can.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
:welcome: Justin.
It sounds like you have been through a lot. There are many supportive and knowledgeable people here. I hope you start to feel better soon.I'm surprised you were put on Remicade after you had Lymphoma????... What other meds are you on?

imisspopcorn said:
:I'm surprised you were put on Remicade after you had Lymphoma????... What other meds are you on?
I'm so sorry, I didn't clarify at all that I was misdiagnosed with Lymphoma, and the treatments for that made me sicker.

to answer your second question, I currently just take over the counter acid controllers, as it is all I can afford. I have no doctors via no insurance.

also, I miss popcorn too, but I buy PuffCorn, it's in the chips aisle. big blue bag with Chester Cheetah on it. $2 and the bag is huge! taste just like popcorn (well, from what I can remember)

That NO insurance thing is sooo hard! I am sorry to hear that. I hope you find some friends on here and get answers to questions that you might have.