• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I guess I should introduce myself...

Hey everyone :)
I'm Lily, I'm 20 years old and I live in the UK. I was diagnosed with severe total Ulcerative Colitis in May 2014.

My case is a little bit odd as at the time of my diagnosis I had no symptoms other than severe anemia and weight loss, even though my gastroenterologist thinks that I'd had the disease for at least a year before being diagnosed. After a few flare ups and a little experimentation with medication, the UC went into remission for roughly a year, and all was going relatively well until a couple of weeks ago when it decided to flare up again and actually give me most of the expected symptoms this time *sigh* It's not exactly surprising though as I've been without treatment since March last year due to anxiety regarding meds and seeing doctors.

However, I finally got my butt in gear and made an appointment to see a gastroenterologist, whom I'll be meeting for the first time next week, so hopefully I'll be able to get a rough idea of how things are going pretty soon.

Anyway, I look forward to talking to you guys, I'm sorry for rambling ><

I Don't think you rambled at all! You want rambling you should see my post :') haha. Sorry to hear about your troubles so far, it really sucks (Wish I could be more expressive with my choice of language but you get the picture!). The anxiety has been a big factor in my flare-ups. I never feel like I do enough! So frustrating, but the minute I step out the house or go to do something it's like it wakes up, do you find the same?

I hope you manage to settle it down again soon and the appointment with the gastroenterologist goes well! :)

scottsma

Welcome to the forum Alien and Dan, but sorry you have to be here at all of course.

You'll find lots of support and helpful advice.I hope you both get the right meds.and start to feel better soon.You both sound up-beat which helps such a lot.