• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Entocort/Hives

I have been taking Entocort for over a month now and have just started with hives. My Gastro feels it is a little late to develop this and feels it may be related to something else. I have seen a Dermatologist and have been put on antihistamine twice daily, cortisone crème and anxiety medicine. My Gastro would like me to continue the Entocort for another 60 days as it seems to be helping my Crohn's. I have read hives can develop inside the organs and am concerned. Has anyone else been on Entocort and developed hives late in the treatment stage?

my little penguin

Staff member
Did you see an allergist ?
They can help you determine what if anything your reacting to
Steriods tend to calm the immune system and make it less likely to react
Are you getting daily hives ?
Are they lasting more than 24 hours in the same spot ?
Ds gets regular plain vanilla hives
Because of food drugs pollens or just because it's Tuesday
He also has "hive like " lesions that don't move from the original spot
That once biopsied were determined to be sweets syndrome which is a complication of crohns basically on the skin

I would see if you can see an allergist and they can help you figure it out more than a dermatologist

I was on entorcort for aprox 2 weeks a few years back.I also developed hives and refused to take it. I write it as n allergy on my meds. I got extremely light headed with hives. So no im not gonna take it. As far and hives in organs..I have no clue.