• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New member here!!

Hi everyone, I'm based in Manchester in the UK and had crohns for 20 years, and currently (not because of crohns) I have a jejunostomy, hopefully only till next year though when it should be reversed (fingers and toes crossed!) I'm also fed through a gastronomy tube through my jejunostomy. It's been a difficult 6 months as I nearly died and spent 3 months in hospital, but I'm doing good thanks God, started gaining weight after losing 4 stone in 3 months! It just so happens I work as a health carer in endoscopy so in a nutshell I can relate to a lot of discussions no doubt, so if I can help anyone in any way feel free to ask me!

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, and welcome Sorry you have had a difficult time and hope things keep improving for you now. It is such a fickle illness, each one reacts differently to meds and treatment. Best wishes
:rosette1::welcome::rosette1:

Thank you! I'm starting meds next year, after my stoma reversal, the side affects would hamper my recovery at the moment so hopefully, this flare up, which so far is very mild!! Will stay as it is for the next year, I can't wait for this reversal but scared too

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, that is understandable. Let me know how you are doing. :bigwave: