• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I don't know what to do now

I have ileum Crohn's with bladder cancer where my bladder was removed and a piece of my colon was used to create a new bladder for me. I know this may not be 100% true but from my viewpoint it seems like I'm a ping pong ball that urologists and my GI doctors pass back and forth and I'm not getting the medical that I need, I forgot about depression. I have pain in my gut, a lot of pain. I had to quit taking pain meds because that labeled my as lying about the pain to get pain meds. Now my urologist says they can't find any problems go see your GI doctor. GI doc runs tests can't find anything wrong go back to your urologist. A continuous loop, by the way depression causes pain in my gut, get help for depression. I've done everything my doctors have said and still get this ping pong treatment. I've been to OSU, Cleveland clinic and several hospitals in the Cincinnati area and don't know what to do at this point. I'm very frustrated and I'm not sure what to do. I'm tired of getting a 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion. I had pain from Crohn's for 6 years and it took a mental health doctor to prescribe me gabapentin which helps immensely but hasn't took all the pain away. I had pain for 6 years because a GI doctor never told me I had a fistula. My depression is being treated effectively. I need some direction as to what to do now. :hallo3:

I am sorry for all you have been through. It is awful they never told you about the fistula. I would keep pushing for answers. Let us know how you are doing.