• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello everyone, glad to be here.
I am here because my son who is now 26 has suffered with Crohn's
since being diagnosed at 15. I don't even want to remember how sick
he was then and what a tough time it was for our family.
My two other kids 25 and 20 both have issues with Gluten and must
eat Gluten free. It hurts to watch my kids go through all of this and
and I now see my oldest struggling with other issues brought on by
the Crohn's. Anyway I am hoping to chat with others that get what
this disease is about and the havoc it reeks on peoples lives.
Also I deal with IBD but I am much more concerned for my kids.
Well thats me for now, I hope you are all doing well.
Thank you for listening.

Crohn's Dad

Hi!

I have Crohn's and having supportive parents is a massive help. Your being there for your children will be making a big difference. I don't even want to think about where I would be without my parents after the most recent round with this swine of an illness.

scottsma

At least you have an understanding of this darned disease,also you are being very caring and supportive to your family.That goes such a long way,especially when there's very little else you can do when they're sick.There are quite a few youngsters on the forum who don't get that support or understanding from their families,hard as it is to imagine,I know.Just keep doing what you're doing.Your family are so lucky to have you.