• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New guy fumbling through the forums!

Hey there, thought I'd join this as being from Ireland there aren't many people to talk to that have Crohn's! The doctors recently said im due a colostomy bag due to a severe stricture, but I think I can cope without it for the moment, was wondering if anyone else managed to avoid the bag? I also started a blog more so for myself just to track my progress with the crohns, if anyone wants to read it check it out on mycrohnsweb.wordpress.com. Hopefully I can find some success stories on here! 😊

Welcome to the forum. There is a section in the forum called Surgery. Underneath that is a section called Strictures and Obstructions. You could try posting there also. I wish you the best.

scottsma

Hi Connor and welcome to the foum.We do have folk from the Emerald Isle on here,so maybe you come across them.I know TonyH. won't mind me mentioning his name.He came out of hospital yesterday,so maybe he'll get in touch.We're a friendly and supportive crowd on here,so feel free to ask questions or have a good old moan whenever you feel like it.We all do it.

I'm sorry I can't help with your question about surgery,but someone is sure to have experience of same,and will be along soon to help.

Tony H

Hi Connor and welcome to the foum.We do have folk from the Emerald Isle on here,so maybe you come across them.I know TonyH. won't mind me mentioning his name.He came out of hospital yesterday,so maybe he'll get in touch.We're a friendly and supportive crowd on here,so feel free to ask questions or have a good old moan whenever you feel like it.We all do it.

I'm sorry I can't help with your question about surgery,but someone is sure to have experience of same,and will be along soon to help.
I have indeed replied in another thread , and even more of a coincidence he has the same surgeon , who I can thoroughly recommend .