• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Modulen and eyes?

Hi everyone my 12 yr old son was dx with crohn's and colitis 5 weeks ago and has been on modulen view ng tube for the last 5 weeks. He was doing really well up to a week ago when he started having a few accidents of not getting to the toilet and feeling sick then starting with pain in his eyes a bit but yesterday and today after his 2nd feed he has got really bad pain in his eyes and they go red is this due to the module? He had a bleed last night as well which hasn't happened since starting modulen. He is due to start azathioprine next week but can only have a low dose as his TPMT levels are low

my little penguin

Staff member
Uvetis and iritis are common with crohns
Please see an opthamologist (medical doctor ) not a an optometrist
ASAP
Let his gi know today
Uvetitis can cause you to lose your sight

Maya142

Staff member
I agree - it could be uveitis or iritis. Redness and pain are very common with both and it needs to be checked out ASAP.