• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Simponi on ice and waiting.

Hi I'm new to this forum.
I was diagnosed with Crohns in 2013, at age 60.
I've tried 6mp, remicade, humira, cimzia and now...I just picked up the Simponi. I'm so hesitant to take it. None of the other's have worked, or worked for long. I think the Cimzia made my symptoms worse and I was on it for a year.
I have arthritis really bad since stopping prednisone 1 year ago. They are hoping the Simponi might help with the bowels as well as the arthritic pain.
I hope so.
Glad to be here.

I think if you've failed all the major TNF blockers it's safe to say trying another won't be a good use of your time and health. Why not try one with a different mechanism of action? Like Stelara or Entyvio? Ask about Cellcept for preventing antibodies as well (like 6mp, azathioprine, or methotrexate).

Maya142

Staff member
Stelara and Entyvio don't work as well as anti-TNFs for arthritis. Simponi should help with arthritis too.

Good luck! The shot is not painful at all and very easy. Both my daughters have been on it. It really worked well for my younger daughter's Crohn's.