• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Azithroprine

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and put on azithroprine and delzicol. Long story short, it shut down my bone marrow and damn near died. I finally went to my family doc who discovered the problem and I stopped the meds.
The question is, though blood test shows my bone marrow is functioning again, i still feel like i have been hit by a truck. Is it possible to have continuing long term effects (its been about 7 months now since i stopped the meds) from the drug, or from the extremely low levels of oxygen due to lack of red cells? Is this going to be permanent? This is misery. I was a healthy active woman until this...in a year i went from healthy to agony.
I am on no meds now for the colitis

Consult with a doctor and tell him/her what is going on. Your colitis could get worse without any medication. They can probably put you on some alternative