• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

HUMIRA and MS?

I remember reading that there were people who have Crohns and MS, propably caused by Humira? Can you tell me a little about your symptoms?

I have been using Humira on/off from 2007. Almost 10 years. I have had 3 surgerys and Humira has been of prior and after surgerys of course. I have been using it 40mg every week.

Anyways. I had 2015 reactiuon when my toes and feet were always tingling and i had pretty bad dizziness. I called GI and we stopped Humira for awhile. My crohns just doesn't like being eithout it and my symptoms were gone so we started it again (i have ileistomy). now i have those same symptoms again, plus i have had my face numb on the right side, for about a week, my right hand was numb (pinky and ring finger) for about week, i have terrible dizziness which clearly puts me down on a right side too. Everything happens in a right side. My right eye is feeling weird, blurry and little painful and my eyesight and brain feel like they don't function together. That sound weird but it feels like it!

I called my GI and we did bloodwork, everything was fine, little high bloodsugar, but nothing major really. B12 was good too. No she is referring me to neuro, and did said that is could be humira or it could be MS, but we def should check it out. This is my second round with these symptoms.

Anyone any advise?

I do have other issues too, my head it kind of twitching, i don't think anyone can see it but i feel it and i don't have any balance at all, i don't like to walk in a forest anymore with my dogs, cos i just can't keep my balance there.