• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Back flaring and probably knowing why

As I'm back in a flare-up (Crohn's and arthritis) after being on the best way to remission, I was wondering what was throwing me off the right way:

Lately, I added back in biscuits, occasional piece of cake, fruit yogurt (the store bought ones) and probably overdid it with sweet fruit yogurt, regarding the amount of it I was eating. Was all fine at first, for a few weeks, until I went on a trip, was exposed to heavy smog and had some flights in just a few days, so quite some physical (and also emotional?) stress from travel. Probably my body couldn't handle the stress and keep my gut flora free from heavy inflammation and the sugar I was consuming eventually made it all worse again?

Now, back flaring, I can't eat any fruit yogurt. I avoided it for the past few days, now tried it again, awfully sweet to me now, nearly instantly raises the frequency of bowels.

Similar experience anyone?

Thanks, Ron! :) I heard or read the same but it all went well for a few weeks, so probably when some extra stress is put on my body, it all breaks down again?
Does that make sense, that sugar then is harmful for my gut and otherwise it isn't?

I would think so. We have ginger pieces here at our house. Ginger is supposed to be good for you. The only problem is that these treats have sugar which causes inflammation so I have cut down on them. I agree what you say about stress.