• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fml

I am new here. I have questions that I can not even ask yet, They are not complete thoughts in my head or I just break down before I can get them typed. Blurry tear laden keyboard syndrome. I wish it was my Dx's which brought me here, but it is not. It is my 11 year old sons. I KNOW things could be much worse and with crohns will probably get that way,but at the moment I am just sad and trying to deal with my kid being in pain and all these pills and this new routine.

I had a kid with cancer and feel like that was better than this. That kid is doing great with no issues so far in life. I mean she was bald for a year and probably should not have kids (she hates kids anyway) but she is "cured" .

Crohns seems to be an unfair battleground ,like you suffer until you dont ,and then you do again. No reason why ,no way to predict. wtf
Anyway so far this forum has been a great help I dont have many post but I have read , and read and reread a crapload, which has helped me with talking to my kids Doc. and made me more aware of things. I have a long way to go. I hope to get through this as scar-free as possible so I will be using this site alot. So thank you guys for being here.

dave13

Forum Monitor
Wow. Yeah,we are here for each other. Definitely use the Forum and what it has to offer. Your experiences may help others.

I am really sorry for what you and your kid are going through. There is a great section in the forum called Parents of Kids with IBD. You might want to check it out also. I am going to tag Clash Maya 142 my little penguin. Best to you.

my little penguin

Staff member
It's hard in the beginning
I will say
You can get Crohns under control and have a new normal
School sports etc...

It just takes time to find the right med combo since everyone is different

We have been at it for 5 years