• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here, long time Crohns patient

I'm new to this forum, looking forward to sharing my story and meeting others with Crohns. My name is Tracey and I was diagnosed with Crohns in 1984 (I'm 59 now) I had many years of remission after being put on Azulfadine. Around 2000 I experienced more pain and after being in hospital I was started on Remicade. Going back and forth on Remicade I was put on 6mp and other drugs I can't remember, but all were either drugs I had a reaction to or they stopped working. I've had 1 resection and 1 strictureplasty. Over the past 8 yrs I've had many bowel obstructions. A yr ago being in the hospital for a bowel obstruction they did a colonoscopy where they stretched the intestines open and shot steroids in to keep the area open. That lasted about a year, before having another obstruction. I'm having another colonoscopy in a couple days to stretch the area open again. Has anyone had a procedure like this? I can't find anything on the Internet. Thank you.

cmack

Staff member
Welcome Tracey,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I'm pretty sure there are members of this forum who can relate. I hope you find some answers here.

Wishing you the very best of luck with everything you are going through,

cmack