• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade levels really low...

Last summer I had a bad flare and it was decided I start Remicade. By the time I had my first treatment that fall, I was feeling pretty good again. Right after treatment 3 on Nov 30, my Crohn's started acting up again and hasn't improved. Before treatment #4 in late January, they took blood to test my levels. 7 is the maintenance level. I was 1.2 which is barely detectable. They also didn't find any antibodies in my system. So they are upping my next dose from 300ml to 500ml and that is mid-March.

I am really hoping this next dose works next time. Has anyone been down a similar road where after a few treatments Remicade wasn't working, saw their levels were really low and a higher dose made a difference?

I don't think I have had that problem. It took some tinkering to get mine at the right levels. I am somewhat concerned that my levels may be dropping now. I do also have to have my imuran examined as I just picked up some skin cancer. Joys. Hopefully a little tinkering will solve your issue for you.

That did not happen with me but I hope the higher dose works for you. Besides this section, there is a section called Treatment and underneath that is a subsection called Remicade. You might try posting there also.