• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do i have UC or CD

Hi everyone, I have a fistula near anus for almost 10 years and decided to get a colonoscopy test. To my surprise, the findings are suggestive of IBD, but I never have any of IBD related symptoms, never get tired never lose weight and never have diarrhea. I had diarrhea for almost 1 week after colonoscopy pre. Could colonoscopy pre caused the inflammation? Also I had 10 days of antibiotic for anal fistula before colonoscopy, is it possible antibiotic caused the colitis? Following are the result of pathology report, could anyone identify the result?

A ILEUM BIOPSY: NON-SPECIFIC ACTIVE ILEITIS

B COLON ASCENDING BIOPSY: NON-SPECIFIC ACTIVE COLITIS

C COLON TRANSVERSE BIOPSY: COLONIC MUCOSA WITH NO SIGNIFICANT PATHOLOGIC ABNORMALITY

D COLON DESCENDING BIOPSY: MILD ACTIVE CHRONIC COLITIS

E COLON SIGMOID BIOPSY: ACTIVE CHRONIC COLITIS

F RECTUM-BIOPSY: ACTIVE CHRONIC COLITIS

Scipio

Not everyone gets diarrhea, fatigue, or weight loss from their IBD. I don't get any of those, and I certainly do have Crohn's.

The inflammation in the ileum (finding A) suggests that it might be CD rather than UC. Given your history of fistula combined with ileitis and widespread colitis, I'd say that it is fairly likely you have IBD. It would be very unusual for antibiotics or colonoscopy bowel prep to cause this much inflammation, and certainly not a fistula. Has your doc formally diagnosed IBD?

Not everyone gets diarrhea, fatigue, or weight loss from their IBD. I don't get any of those, and I certainly do have Crohn's.

The inflammation in the ileum (finding A) suggests that it might be CD rather than UC. Given your history of fistula combined with ileitis and widespread colitis, I'd say that it is fairly likely you have IBD. It would be very unusual for antibiotics or colonoscopy bowel prep to cause this much inflammation, and certainly not a fistula. Has your doc formally diagnosed IBD?
Yeah, hes firmly believed that i have IBD. He sent me to CT on small bowel and blood work to rule out CD.