• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Weight Loss... Landed at Crohn's

Hi, This is venkat, an active, energetic personality with lot of sporting activities through out my life. I just wanted to introduce myself with various phases of my life and how i landed here.

Generic Observations:
- After eating food(bakery food and some other kinds of foods)... food pops up back into the mouth.
- Yellowish fluid pumps back to the mouth... sometimes in the mornings

Born 1978
Childhood: Active, sporty, creative... what not... all went well
Young Age(18 years): First instances of reds in stools very rarely... not bothered much
Professional(25 Years): More instances of reds in stools, mild scars at the exit and blockage... underwent fistula surgeries twice in an year. Reds in stools continued for nearly 2 year from then and settled.
Age 35 Years(Year 2013-14): Noticed... degradation in weight... consistently i was around 70Kilos from my young age. Its started decreasing...70 ... 67 ... 65 ...62 ...60 over a period of one year... tried various GI doctors. Some GI suspected Abdominal TB... treated on ATT for 9 months... no improvement in weight.... still loosing weight(by then 56).
Nov2014: Whatever i used to eat is just not going in...horrible situation
Dec2014: A GI doctor suggested surgery
Jan2015: Underwent surgery for Right Hemicolectomy (19inch tube removed) ... weight 51
June2015: No significant weight gain... still struggling with flautelance, gas, bad odor etc in stools.(weight 55)
Nov2015: Consulted Nutritionist and followed a diet plan with Ensure and Peptamen
Jan2016: Little improvement in weight...58Kilos
May2016: Felt good... hoped things are bettering... 62Kilos
Sep2016: Back to flautelance... lossing weight again(59Kilos)
Nov2016: Consulted famous GI doc... CT scan(3rd time), blood tests suggested... Done
Jan2017: GI doc suspects Crohn's... Weight(57Kilos)
Feb2017: Changed GI doctor, New doctor suggested tests... Underwent Colonoscopy(3rd time), and blood tests... Almost confirms Crohn's
Mar2017(NOW): On Budesonide(3mgx3 = 9mg), Pentasa(1g x2 times a day)... Have to visit the GI next week.... Weight 55Kilos

Sorry to post such a lengthy text... Just wanted to share my story with the community. This forum is really informative and very helpful. Thanks

- Now i would like to hear from the experiences of the members of this forum... and any suggestions that can help me.

Welcome to the forum. We have a forum for people from India, you could check it out and see if anybody is around.
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=75810&highlight=indian+forum
From what I have read, in India they often first suspect abdominal TB, which is more common. Hopefully your medications will kick in soon, and make you feel better. You could keep a food diary, to try to pinpoint which foods are a problem, and which foods are easier for you to digest. The budesonide may help you to gain weight, I always get very hungry on steroids.

Hi Venkat. Sorry to hear your trouble. I'm from india too and my husband has crohn's disease. We are in the US currently and are able to manage his disease well. Please feel free to private msg me if you need help with diet or anything else. Since we also consume Indian diet, it may help you. Take care

Hi Venkat. Sorry to hear your trouble. I'm from india too and my husband has crohn's disease. We are in the US currently and are able to manage his disease well. Please feel free to private msg me if you need help with diet or anything else. Since we also consume Indian diet, it may help you. Take care
Hi Madhu, Great to have a response from you on this forum. Please advise on the details of diet. I am a South Indian and eat rice mostly. Please mail me at pvsnraju77@yahoo.com. Thank you again for a kind gesture on this issue.