• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Qu Biologics SSI

I've been very interested in this trial for CD, I really think they're on to something with their approach. I see that some new press releases have come out from them about their phase 2 trial. I just wanted to see what other people's thoughts are on their progress and whether or not you think it's headed in the right direction and will eventually be an effective treatment for IBD.

I think the SSI vaccine is one of the most promising treatments we have in the pipeline, hoping that they can get international trial sites happening very soon...

I am following it too, and I agree it holds a lot of promise. I find it particularly intriguing that they have identified genetic markers that correlate with positive responses.

Thanks for your responses. I'm somewhat new to all of this and right now it makes me feel better to look forward at future treatments. Hoping this will be available if lialda stops working for me.

Are there any other promising treatments that are in trials right now?

The Crohn's MAP Vaccine. It is in phase 1 trials at the Jenner Institute in London. Then there is the Redhill trial. It's in phase 3. There is also Dietzia, a probiotic, but it may have stalled, I'm not sure.

I just saw that Qu Biologics has posted data on their ulcerative colitis trial. It was a small studi, but the results seem very promising.

In the study, 8 of the 11 (73%) QBECO SSI treated participants achieved clinical response and 5 patients (45%) had endoscopic healing within the first 16 weeks of treatment with one patient in clinical and endoscopic remission by study week 8 [1]. Importantly, histological improvement occurred in 6 of 11 (55%) trial participants, including 6 of 8 (75%) responders.

have they released data like this on the trials they've done with Crohn's disease? Does anyone know when we can expect more data on the effectiveness in crohns? I hope it's not a bad sign that they've posted actual data for UC, but have only released vague results for the crohns trial