• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nausea first week of Azathioprine

I've only been on Azathioprine for a week (100mg a day) and I've been having really really bad nausea that I eventually end up doing sick and it's gotten to a point where I can barely eat and I'm doing sick like 5 times a day and throughout the day I feel nauseous and can't do my usual activities and so I'm not sure if it is the Azathioprine or something else because many people experience side effects a few weeks into the medication and so I was wondering if anybody has had this side effect early on in the course of Azathioprine?

I've only been on Azathioprine for a week (100mg a day) and I've been having really really bad nausea that I eventually end up doing sick and it's gotten to a point where I can barely eat and I'm doing sick like 5 times a day and throughout the day I feel nauseous and can't do my usual activities and so I'm not sure if it is the Azathioprine or something else because many people experience side effects a few weeks into the medication and so I was wondering if anybody has had this side effect early on in the course of Azathioprine?
Most likely the aza - it should pass but what dose are you on right now and when in the day are you taking it?

Yeah I plan on called my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get the dosage lowered. Thank you for your help and advice.