• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help. I´ve got a flare up.

What do I need to do? I have now very thin bloody stool. Do I need to go to my Doctor, or should I try some more days with juice or water fasting? I have already tried two days on juice, but it only seems to get worse. Will it be better if I try only with water?

Any suggestions?

Right off the bat, I would say call your doctor. It's 1:08am where I am. If you have a GI doctor wait till the morning. You may need other treatments. I don't think juice or water is going to help. If you're in too much pain, go to the ER. Let me know how you feel.

I have no pain or fewer. My temperature is now 36.3 celsius (97.34 degrees Fahrenheit). I have had blood in my stool the two last days and started with thin stool a week ago.

I would call my doctor. I made huge mistakes when I was first diagnosed. I think I was hoping it just get better if I quit eating. Didn't happen. Try and call your doctor. I think that's your best option. But remember, I'm not a doctor. Lol.

I´ve seen many videos on Youtube where some people claim that fasting is better than medication, but maybe it only works for some and not for others.

No. It doesn't work. If your intestines are flared up, you need to seek medical attention. I'm saying this is from personal trial. I didn't want to go to the doctor. I finally ended up in the hospital for a short stay. Then a longer one when I thought I could stop medications.

You need meds to make the ulcers and swelling go down. Fasting with crohns can make things worse. Baby food is the only thing I can eat without being in horrible pain during a flare

I was lucky enough to get an appointment to my hospital Doctor tomorrow because of a rebooking.

This is my first flare up since I was diagnosed for 3 years ago. What can I expect. Will my case be worse or better now, and what if they offer me an operation? Will that be a good solution?

They probably won't do surgery. And to be honest, wait until you've gotten very ill (I.e. In the hospital for numerous times) or plan sick and tired of medication not working and you're wanting an ileostomy or something. Sounds like prednisone would help now and then get you on a biological.

Listen to you're doctor. Be proactive. Have your doctor listen to you symptoms, what you've been doing, how long this has been going on, and you concerns. This is the best. Let us know what happens.

We are here for you.

You may need some testing like a colonoscopy and a change of treatment. You don't say what treatment you are on? Surgery - no chance right now unless you have a serious (life threatening) complication, which doesn't seem to be the case here from what you have said

I was to the doctor today and she told me that the flare up must have occured because I reduced the medicine dosage and instead tried to control it with changing diet.

She prescribed the cortison Entocort, but I´ve Crohn only in my large inestine and this remedy works only at the upper part of that, so maybe I´ve got a wrong medicine and need to call them back in order to be sure of that.

Scipio

She prescribed the cortison Entocort, but I´ve Crohn only in my large inestine and this remedy works only at the upper part of that, so maybe I´ve got a wrong medicine and need to call them back in order to be sure of that.
You are correct that Entocort is a formulation of budesonide for release in the ileum and upper large bowel. The formulation of budesonide for release farther down in the large bowel is called Uceris.