• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is it the food or what ?

I'm 22 years old and I can't believe my life is starting to end from this age or that how it feels because I don't feel like doing anything.
My Crohn's is a wonder I really don't understand it.

When I did my colonoscopy 2 month ago I had no inflammation only an ulcer my doctor told me it is Crohn's disease.

My symptoms were mostly constipation, colon cramps (while stressed), a little pain near the belly button and weird shape stools.

My doctor put me on a diet with cortisone... but this one time I forgot and ate random things, after almost 24 hours I started feeling pain near my belly button do you think it is related to the food ? if yes does it really need like a whole day to make me feel the pain ? Or is it something else that made feel the pain and it was just a coincidence ? (I asked a general doctor and he told me if it was food you should start feeling pain after 6-8 hours)
And I was wondering if you guys know, do symptoms occur even if there is no inflammation ?
Because for god sakes this medication is not helping me that much because my symptoms are still present after two month my stools are the same I am really frustrated and depressed.

Welcome. I am sorry for what you are going through. You meet something stronger than cortisone. I would go to your doctor and tell them what is going on. A lot of times if I eat something I shouldn't I can have either pain or diarrhea.

What do you mean when you say weird shaped stools? Many of us here are unfortunately familiar with ribbon stools - they are long and flat, normally indicating inflammation or a stricture late in your digestive tract. If you have these and pred hasn't reduced it, go check with your doc again and ask for another med. If you are stricturing and it isn't stopped it can lead to significant issues.

What do you mean when you say weird shaped stools? Many of us here are unfortunately familiar with ribbon stools - they are long and flat, normally indicating inflammation or a stricture late in your digestive tract. If you have these and pred hasn't reduced it, go check with your doc again and ask for another med. If you are stricturing and it isn't stopped it can lead to significant issues.
They are not long but thin and flat... I guess we are talking about the same issue.

I'm going tomorrow to check again with my doctor. for god sake I hate this doctor he doesn't listen... If he doesn't listen I am going to another one.