• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting liquid diet -what to have?

Hi all. My sister has just found out she has crohns and has to do a liquidised diet for 4-6 weeks. Can anyone suggest any recipes they found nice when liquidised as we are struggling to know what's going to taste nice? Any suggestions will be great as this is all new to us. Thanks Sarah xx

Hi there,

I was prescribed ensure plus shakes, they were already mixed and it cartons so very convenient for work etc.

I had no problems other than struggling to consume the required amount!

Hi, you. might want to blend your own. Be aware of the amount of sugar in prepared shakes. I often use homemade coconut milk or other seed or nut milk as the base. Lots of options....eg. Canned pure pumpkin, nut butters, coconut oil, avocado, oatmeal, banana or other fruit. (Don't use more fruit than you would actually eat....on serving only). Options are really endless. Depends on what you tolerate. I like to use a lot of spices eg.. turmeric,
cinnamon, ginger. I also use an iron vegan protein powder. Hope this helps and gives you some ideas.